- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing Business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development Cooperation
- About Australia
- Australian High Commission News
- Media and Speeches
- Photo Gallery
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Australian High Commission, Kenya
The Australian High Commission in Nairobi is now on Twitter. Follow what we are saying about Australia in East Africa and connecting Australia with East Africa, as well as highlighting business, development, cultural and sporting links at @AusHCKenya
The Australian High Commission in Nairobi is saying “karibu” (welcome) to East Africa on Facebook! The Facebook Page will share news, public diplomacy and event announcements for the whole region.
Visit us at: https://www.facebook.com/AustraliaInEastAfrica
- 30 September 2015 - Counsellor Anna Dorney witnessed the signing of an MOU between the Kenya-Australia Chamber of Commerce and Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Read the media release and her speech. Pictures can be seen on our Facebook page.
- 15 September 2015 - The Australian High Commission is pleased to announce that H.E. John M. Feakes has presented the Letters of Credence to H.E Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda, accrediting him as High Commissioner for Australia to the Republic of Rwanda.
- 1 September 2015 - Applications for Australia Awards Scholarships and Short Courses open. Go to www.australiaawardsafrica.org for more information.
- 25-27 August 2015 - Australia's Ambassador for Women and Girls, Natasha Stott Despoja AM, paid a visit to Kenya to to promote bilateral cooperation on gender equality. Read the media releases and the report on her visit in The Star newspaper and view a picture gallery on our Facebook page.
- 24 August 2015 - High Commissioner John Feakes paid a call on the Governor of Machakos County, Dr Alfred Mutua, after which they visited the local hospital. Read more about it on our Facebook page.
- 24 August 2015 - Deputy High Commissioner Jeremy Green officially opened the Direct Aid Program funded irrigation project at the Bethlehem Community Centre's farm in Kamulu. Read more about it on our Facebook page.
- 18 August 2015 - High Commissioner John Feakes opened the Australia-Africa Plant Biosecurity Partnership Networking Workshop at the Safari Park Hotel in Nairobi. Pictures of the event can be seen on our Facebook page.
- 7 August 2015 - Australia places trade at the centre of ties with Kenya - Read High Commissioner John Feakes' interview with the Business Daily newspaper.
- 9 July 2015 - High Commissioner John Feakes handed over a Special Needs Unit for disabled children at Kangemi Primary School, Nairobi. Pictures of the event can be seen on our Facebook page.
- 27 June 2015 - The High Commissioner hosted an Australia Alumni Family Fun Day at his Official Residence. Pictures can be seen on our Facebook page.
- 29 May 2015 - Tanzanian Australian Alumni Association (TAAA) is launched.
- 25 May 2015 - Africa Day is celebrated in Australia by Kenyan Australia Awardees. Read more here.
- 20 May 2015 - The Australian High Commission is pleased to announce that HE John M. Feakes has presented the Letters of Credence to HE Mr Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, President of the Republic of Uganda, accrediting him as High Commissioner for Australia to the Republic of Uganda.
- 12 May 2015 - Australia supporting Ugandan youth. Read more about it here.
- 8 May 2015 - Australia supports Tanzanian small businesses. Read more about the launch of an innovative new project here.
- Australia Awards - Semester One Reintegration workshops. Read more about them here.
- 30 April 2015 - The Australian High Commission is pleased to announce that HE John M. Feakes has presented the Letters of Credence to HE Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, President of the United Republic of Tanzania, accrediting him as High Commissioner for Australia to the United Republic of Tanzania.
- 25 April 2015 - The Australian High Commission participated in Anzac Day Dawn Services held in Nairobi, Kampala and Dar es Salaam. Pictures from these events can be seen by clicking on the city names above.
- 22 April 2015 - The Australian High Commission would like to announce that HE John M. Feakes has presented the Letters of Credence to HE The Hon Uhuru Kenyatta CGH, President of the Republic of Kenya and Commander in Chief of the Defence Forces, accrediting him as High Commissioner for Australia to the Republic of Kenya. His speech can be found here.
- Australian High Commission staff visited Lodwar in north western Kenya to see World Food Program projects. They also visited the Kakuma Refugee Camp. Both are supported by Australia. Read the full story here.
- Deputy High Commissioner Jeremy Green officially opened the cartoon exhibition on "Freedom & Security - Can we have both?" at the Alliance Française, Nairobi.
- 2014 Outcomes Study Results - Maintaining and developing links established while on-award. Results from the 2014 Australia Awards Africa Outcomes Study paint a positive picture for ongoing Alumni engagement. Read the full story here.
- In the lead up to the centenary of the Gallipoli Campaign on 25th April 2015, the Australian High Commission has produced a photo exhibition on 'The First World War in East Africa'. We have now placed this onto our website and it will also be displayed in a number of locations during the First World War commemorations.
The Australian High Commission in Kenya will be closed on Tuesday 20th October 2015, for the Mashujaa Day holiday. We will resume normal operations on Wednesday 21st October.
For Australians needing consular assistance, please contact the 24 hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61-2-6261-3305 from outside Australia, or 1300-555-135 within Australia (local call cost), or SMS +61-421-269-080.
- From 1 July 2015 all passport applications must be lodged in person at the Australian High Commission Nairobi or an Australian Consulate (Dar-es-Salaam or Kampala). Applications sent by courier or post will not be accepted. From 1 July 2015 all passport applications lodged outside of Australia will incur an additional processing fee of AUD100 (adults) or AUD50 (children).
- From 19th January 2015, for all issues relating to South Sudan please contact the Australian Embassy in Ethiopia (Tel: +251 11 667 2678, email: email@example.com, website: http://ethiopia.embassy.gov.au/adba/home.html)
On-line Registration for Australians overseas
We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
Information for Australian Travellers
- Consular Duty Officer (24 hour): +61 2 6261 3305
- Toll Free (local call cost - within Australia only) 1300 555 135
- Travel Advice from the Department
- Australian travellers and residents in Kenya are encouraged to register with the Australian High Commission in Kenya and seek updated information on current security issues.
- Passports Australia
Information for Travellers to Australia
For information on visa and migration services provided by the Australian High Commission in Kenya, see Visas and Migration.Entry into the Australian High Commission for visa, immigration and citizenship matters is by appointment only. To make an appointment, you must call or email the Immigration Section.
- On 1 July 2015, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection will be integrated with Australian Customs and Border Protection Service. Email addresses will change, and we will be online at www.border.gov.au. For more information, see http://www.border.gov.au/about/news-media/pages